47th Annual Accountants’ Conference
Press release for the 47TH ANNUAL ACCOUNTANTS’ CONFERENCE
THEME: Nigeria First: Accountancy, Nation-Building and the Future
VENUE: INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CENTRE, ABUJA & SHERATON ABUJA HOTEL, ABUJA
DATE: MONDAY 16 OCTOBER – FRIDAY 20 OCTOBER 2017
LEAD PAPER: The Future of the Accountancy Profession
PLENARY SESSION PAPERS
- ICAN Accountability Index: Reforming Public Finance Management for the Future
- Nigeria: The Future of Work and Youth Unemployment
- Integrated Reporting: The Future of Financial Reporting
- Islamic Finance: Global Trend and Potentials for Chartered Accountants
- Cyber Security: What Chartered Accountants Need to Know
- Technological Disruptions & their impact on the Accounting Profession
- Young Professionals: Emerging leaders of Change and Nation Building
- Business Exhibition
- Golf, Squash, Table Tennis and Lawn Tennis competition
- Essay Competition for Students in ICAN Accredited Tertiary Institutions
- Gala Nite/Dinner
- Raffle draw: A car as the star prize, and other consolation prizes
- Novelty match
- Free access to Conference App and quiz prizes
Interested Organisations willing to exhibit their products/services are hereby advised to contact the Membership
Affairs Directorate (Tel:01-4542097/01-4542082) or call Sunkanmi on 08028611102 (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before Monday 18 September, 2017 as limited spaces are available.
Registration for the Conference is strictly On-line. Please visit www.icanig.org for details
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES
(Select one option):
All Hotel bookings will be on “First-Come-First-Served” basis.
Members requiring that letters be addressed to their employers for sponsorship should contact the
Membership Affairs Directorate: email@example.com (copy: firstname.lastname@example.org)
NOTE: GROUP PAYMENT
Organisations wishing to make group registration for their members of Staff should pay at any of the
designated banks and collect PIN VOUCHERS for EACH of them.
PROCEDURES FOR ON-LINE REGISTRATION
1. BEFORE PAYMENT: Check the Hotel/Room category available on www.icanig.org/aac
2. METHODS OF PAYMENT:
a. Application is STRICTLY online at ICAN website: http://www.icanonline-ngr.com/conference
b. Pay Direct: pay directly into ICAN e-Collection Account via cheque, draft, and internal transfer at any
Commercial Bank in Nigeria. Obtain your payment Receipt and thereafter proceed with your registration at
ICAN website: http://www.icanonline-ngr.com/paydirect
c. Naira ATM Card: Pay online using your Naira ATM card at www.icanig.org/aac
3. ON-LINE REGISTRATION:
– Scanned soft copy (JPEG format, 20kb maximum file size) of your passport-sized photograph (white background) for the online registration for Delegate’s Name Tag.
- Complete the Online form at ICAN website: http://www.icanonline-ngr.com/conference and click on
- Print out the “47th ANNUAL ACCOUNTANTS’ CONFERENCE REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION
FORM”, displayed after clicking on “SUBMIT”. Please attach PIN Voucher, Bank Payment Teller and
bring to the Registration Venue (Sheraton Abuja Hotel, Abuja or hotel you selected for accommodation
on Monday, October 16, 2017.
- Delegates should please re-confirm their registration online three days after the date of registration,
using the details on the PIN Voucher.
Early Bird Discount(To be deducted before payment)
On or before August 15, 2017 = 10%
August 16 – September 15, 2017 = 5%
After September 15, 2017 = Nil
To enjoy discount, members must make payment and complete on-line registration within the discount period.
Registration for Accommodation closes on 11 October 2017. “All bookings will be on “first-comefirst-served
PERIOD OF CANCELLATION OF REGISTRATION and % OF REFUND
On or before July 31, 2017 = 50%
On or before October 13, 2017 = 25%
After October 13, 2017 = Nil
All refunds will be made 30 days after the conference.
WHY YOU MUST ATTEND THIS CONFERENCE
- Listen to seasoned Speakers from within and outside the Country.
- Network with over 4,000 Senior Financial Decision-Makers.
- Get updated with the latest Local and International development on the issues/topics to be discussed.
- A Conference that addresses the needs of all classes of members: the young, middle-aged and senior members.
- A Conference that will impact positively on your professional orientation.
For further information, please contact:
Adams – 08067908190 email@example.com
Sunkanmi – 08028611102 firstname.lastname@example.org
Chidi – 08033336599 email@example.com
Funmi – 08028479219 firstname.lastname@example.org
ROTIMI A. OMOTOSO, MBA, FCA
email: email@example.com Website: www.icanig.org