About 2022 Ican Registration… Are you an accountant? Is it your dream to be known globally? Do not worry again. With this article, you are just a registration away from your dreams. By this, I mean registering for ICAN is all you need for your dreams to come through.
What You Should Know About ICAN
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) is the biggest accounting body in Nigeria; it was established in 1965.
Its initial objective was to determine the skills and knowledge required for anyone to become an accountant, as well as establish and maintain the registry of associates, fellows, and accountants.
Over the years, ICAN has grown into a large community of accountants that has certified over 38 thousand chartered accountants that are engaged in different sectors of the economy.
There are two types of exams offered by ICAN, and they are:
Professional examinations are meant for holders of bachelor’s degrees or Higher National Diplomas in any discipline.
Holders of ICAN AAT qualification.
If you are eligible for ICAN registration, then you are to provide the following minimum entry requirements are accepted by the Council for the different exams:
For Professional students
1. The degree of any University or Higher National Diploma of any Polytechnic accredited by the Council.
2. Any other qualification for the time being approved by the Council.
For ATSWA students
1. Five (5) credit passes in any subject, including English Language and Mathematics in the West Africa School Certificate Examination, General Certificate of Education or Senior School Certificate of Education, NECO equivalent not more than two sittings or NABTEB.
2. Ordinary National Diploma of any Polytechnic recognized by the Council of the Institute
3. National Certificate in Education (NCE) from any College of Education.
Go to any commercial bank in Nigeria and pay the professional examination registration fee of ₦7,000 (not including any charges) via Pay Direct. You can also pay on the ICAN website.
After you have paid the fee, go to the website indicated on your receipt and register there.
Get a coloured passport-format photo of yourself.
Scan it and add it to the registration form. Print the finished application form and sign it.
Find a chartered accountant sponsor/referee and provide their name, membership number, and contact number.
Take your completed application to your sponsor/referee so that they can certify it. If you are registering using your AAT results, you will also need to pay ₦23,500 for induction/conference and add the receipt to your application.
In addition to that, you will need to attach the original PIN voucher; the original Pay Direct receipt and two certified copies of passport photos.